*March 26, 2010 El Alma de la Luna participated in the international soccer game half time Mexico Vs Iceland in front of more that sixty thousands spectators in the Bank of American Stadium Charlotte NC.* July 2010, El Alma de la Luna" Dance Group demonstrates a Quinceañera and Vienna Waltz. In the event Verano Multicultural: European roots in Latin America. Levine Museum of the New South, Charlotte, NC.
*we open as backup dancers for the Famous international Singer Belinda at the Carnaval Carolinas in June 2015 also we performed as background dancers for El Daza, Shaila Durcal, Itati Cantoral, and the international show Que siga la Fiesta de Bandamax and participated in the International TV shows Despierta America In june 2015
*El Alma de la Luna is the oficial Dance Academy to train and performe for Chica Carolina and Mister latino 2016
*2015 Arts and Cultural Award from recognices latin Producer Alex ruiz.
* Offical Back up Dancers for Carnaval Carolinas 2016 and perform with Ninel Conde, Charlie Zaa, Jandress, William Valdez, and Astra.
*El Alma de la Luna has earn several 1st place state and National dance award from Showsopers American Dance Championship from 2010 to 2015
Opened in September 2007 El Alma de la Luna started with private dance lessons and was based on the idea that there could be a place with multiple forms of Dance for students of all ages, We encourage creativity, self expression, and most importantly having fun as individuals in a group environment. we enforce the importance of self steam and Dance its one of the most efficient forms to help kids and teenagers the love for themselves, All of this started by Selene Stafford and Alma Campuzano certify dance instructors with love and passion for Dance , they been working hard to have a Dance Studio were kids and youth have the opportunity to learn dance and have the experience of a dance recital and competitions with a reachable cost,We have dance classes in which they study the principles of contemporary dance techniques as contact improvisation , training techniques and physical training that we provide the ability to dance in different ways and explore our possibilities to the maximum body and to know our creative and expressive
Instructor and Choreographer with experience on Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Folkloric and Hip Hop, David is a Professional dancer and he begun to Dance when he was 6 years old, his motivation and fresh Ideas make El Alma de la Luna a place to explore new dance tendencies, he makes sure all choreographies are versatile. David continues to explore and learn, he has perform in several events as a background Dancer for International recognized Artist.
We are honored to count with this great Dancer as a collaborator and teacher, he is been with El Alma de la Luna since 2014 and his experience is a great addition to our academy!
Graduated from the National School of Art in Havana Cuba.He worked as the first dancer and choreographer in the national company: Contemporary Dance of Cuba and also in the company Codanza and USA in ACDT.
It has several awards as a choreographer and Interpret
His work has been presented in several countries
At present he is a teacher and freelance choreographer and Type your paragraph here.
Carpio as we call him has worked as choreographer for Nuestra Belleza Mexico, Latin Billboard Awards, Siempre en Domingo, choreographer for Alejandra Guzman, Alejandro Fernandez, Paulina Ruvio among others It has also been the only Mexican who dance with Michael Jackson! Current choreographer of Sabadazo International Dancing TV show and a great colabarodor and Friend of El Alma de la Luna Dance Academy.
Selene Stafford Director, and Dance Studio Owner, Co-founder Director , Choreographer, Dance Teacher and Artist Director of El Alma de la Luna Dance Academy
* Ballet , Instituto Nacional de Bellas Artes Mexico 1983-1992
* Danza Folklorica Casa de Cultura Estado de Mexico 1985-1992
* Danza Contemporanea Bellas Artes Estado de Mexico 1992-1994
* Artistic Gymnastics INEDIB 1994-1997
* Jazz and Modern Dance INEDIB 1994-1997
* Dance and Gym USA Workshop 2010
* Jazz and Hip Hop Showstopper American Dance Championship 2011
* Zumba Certification , Basic I, Basic II, Sentao, ,Convention 2010-2014
Alma Campuzano Director, and Dance Studio Owner, Co-founder Director , Choreographer, Dance Teacher and Artist Director of El Alma de la Luna Dance Academy
* Ballet “Bellas Artes Estado de Mexico 1994-1995
* “Danza General “ Casa de Cultura Estado de Mexico 1995-1997
* “Modern Dance “ Dance Productions Charlotte NC 1999-2000
* Folkloric , Contemporary Dance, Centro cultural Hispano de Charlotte 2001-2006
* Zumba Fitness Instructor since 2008
* “Zumbatomic” (unique formula with the psychology and physiology relevant to teaching kids ages 4-12. learn how to modify Zumba moves to get optimal resultsZumba Basic 1”, basic rhythms (merengue, salsa, cumbia, reggaeton
* “Zumba Basic 2” (belly dance, flamenco, tango, samba,soca and quebradita)
* “Zumba Gold” ( certify to teach active older adult and addresses the anatomical, physiological and psychological needs specific to this population.
*Dance Istructor for the Padres and Padrinos Program Fro LAWA and CMS Schools system from 2013 to 2016.